Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Happy"

I came across this scripture not long ago.  "Happy is the man who does not condemn himself in what he approves."  Romans 14:22  And, as a result, a song was stuck in my head... a song, based on this verse: "Happy is the man whose God is the Lord."  I like being happy, but more importantly, I like being happy about real stuff, stuff that lasts.  So, I've paraphrased a few scriptures I found that contained this phrase, "Happy is the man..." 

#1 - Happy is the woman who doesn't condemn herself in what she approves.  Romans 14:22 
I will know and adhere to the convictions God has laid upon my heart and I will not be moved from them despite outside pressure or other people. 

#2 - Happy is the woman God corrects.  Job 5:17 
Ahhhh, the dreaded "correction" word, but alas, it is assurance of the Father's love!  Knowing this helps me walk through correction without getting dragged down and without getting lost in discouragement.