Friday, May 3, 2013

PLAN - Naomi Elle

PLAN. And then be open to God changing your plan."The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9. Having a career plan, financial goals, etc. is not a bad thing! It doesn't limit your options. Having a plan engages your mind in the present, and thus keeps your heart from being unduly tormented by the fact that you are not married yet, when really, you don't have control over that one anyway. Giving up control to God in this area is difficult, but necessary. The foundation of Christianity is about being mastered by Someone else, and that's hard for us... but we must submit to the Lord in every area, including our present AND our future. Sometimes I believe that we struggle more with allowing God to control our lives than anything else. It takes faith to believe that God will do good to you.
Again, let your planning be governed by the wisdom of Scripture and the voice of the Spirit. I bought a house when I was single. My mind said that I was giving up, that I was becoming content with singleness, that it would be harder to get married and it would scare the single guys away... yet my heart knew that it was God's will. After being married, my husband agreed --- it was a good financial decision and it is good for our marriage.