Friday, August 7, 2020

Rest at Long Run

How do mamas rest?  Does anyone know?  

Sometimes I think I still don't know.  

Sleep isn't the only form of rest.  I understand that now more than I did in my twenties.  


Early on in my motherhood career, I would count how many hours of sleep I got, and tell the Rugged Mountain Man how few it was.  He wisely advised me to get up in the morning, forget about how little sleep I got and focus on the day ahead.  

It was good advice because I'd fallen into the habit of always wanting more sleep, 
instead of just giving this moment right now my best effort.  


My season of life is different than ten years ago, but the tiredness hasn't really gone anywhere.  

Did you know that Jesus got tired?  

He sat by a well and asked for a drink, because He was tired.  
(John 4:6-7)


The One Who was both fully God and fully man felt fatigue, just like I do... 
and He took a while to sit by a well.

He ended up having a deep conversation with the Samaritan woman there, but then He said, 

"My nourishment comes from doing the will of God..." 
(John 4:34, NLT)


I believe there's a solid and time-tested lesson in this for me.

I can be refreshed and revived while doing God's will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!