Thursday, September 29, 2022

Next Level Lessons

There are always more lessons to learn in life.  Always.  

Just when I think that maybe I've got it down "pat," God takes me to the next level.  The intermediate level.  Round two.  Or round five.  Or something.  

He takes me further into the process of growing in wisdom and maturity.  I don't always want those lessons.  Rather, I don't always want to experience those lessons, yet I do want to be what God has called me to be.  

Growing in wisdom can be hard though.

The lessons for me lately have been over Godly priorities.  I love God and I serve Him by loving and serving my family.  Everyone and everything else comes after that.  

Sometimes those priorities come down to really practical decisions.  

Practical decisions to be very present with the Blossoms rather than very present to others.  

Practical decisions to stay home, when I'd rather go.  

Practical decisions to go, when I'd rather stay home.  

Practical decisions to look them in the eyes, when my fleshy self wants to peek at my phone.

Practical decisions to confront an ungodly attitude, when it's just easier in that moment to let it be.  

Practical decisions to stand firm in what I've told a Blossom, when I just feel like giving in.  

This is where I've been feeling challenged lately.  

May His grace aid me in each and every practical decision as I soldier on this week.  



(Pics from our recent anniversary getaway ~ Grimes Glen, NY)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!