Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Sowing

"Whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life."
Galatians 6:8 NIV

The million small things I do every day are how I sow.  


I envision myself kneeling in the dirt of a garden that is far from Pinterest-worthy, with the Blossoms around me, hoeing the soil into rows and painstakingly planting seeds.  The knees of my jeans are dirty and I'm a bit weary.  I'm mulling over what's for supper, a phone call I need to remember to make, and where we need to be later.  And I'm trying to be cheerful amidst the questions, "How many more rows?"  "What else are we planting?"  "Can we be done soon?"


But I'm sowing seeds.

The million small things I do in a day resemble this.  Making supper.  Soldiering through math with Blossom4.  Helping Blossom3 tweak her writing assignment.  Listening.  Sharing.   Folding clothes... again.  Answering nicely when I don't feel like it.  


It isn't pretty.  It isn't glamorous.  It's often hard, but I'm sowing the seeds.  

And I'm sowing them to please the Spirit.  

I can't let the little things become little.  


The big vision of sowing those little things to please the Spirit 
is what gives every moment so much meaning.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!