Tuesday, April 4, 2023

What Showing Love Looks Like

The Blossoms and I were loaded up in the van, driving down the driveway and headed to our next obligation.  The Rugged Mountain Man was out working on the driveway and trying to right the wrongs that winter does.  I drove away, musing, "Boy, that driveway looks good."  

The Blossoms were amused that I seemed to find the Rugged Mountain Man's work attractive.  

"Are you admiring his tractor work?" 

"That must be what happens when you've been married twenty years."  

Various comments wafted my direction from the back of the van.  

"Yep, I'm grateful he's taking care of it.  It makes me feel loved, so yes, fixing the driveway is attractive to me."

At church on Sunday, I walked up to a friend of mine and noticed she and her husband holding hands.  Of course, I teased a little about PDA.  They laughed because he was actually warming her hands up for her.  What a simple way to show love!  

Another friend sat behind me, and I heard her express confusion and frustration because she couldn't figure out where she'd left her Bible.  She realized she'd left it in the car.  Next thing I knew, I see her husband rejoining her in the pew, with her Bible in hand.  It was such a simple thing.  There are Bibles in front of us for everyone to use, but he took an extra minute and went and retrieved hers from the car.  

I've been really blessed observing these moments over the past few days and I'm encouraged to love my husband with and through the simple things.  Even if it means stopping at Tractor Supply when I don't feel like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!