Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Super School Room

We've been working our way through the main rooms of the house, room by room.  I knew this summer was the time to get the school room painted BEFORE school started. 

Here's what everything looked like before.



We still love our white boards and bulletin boards!



I started off painting the doors in the hallways around the corner Chelsea Gray.  Once again, Pinterest recommended that it was a match made in Heaven with Revere Pewter.  I'm inclined to agree.


I was ecstatic when I got the first glimpse of the Chelsea Gray with the Revere Pewter.


Revere Pewter went up on the walls after I patched all the dents and holes with drywall compound.  And there were A LOT.  This room had been flat white primer since we moved in.  You can imagine what 13+ years of kids and dogs would do to a place.


This room was by far the largest room I did, so everything took way longer than all the other rooms.


It should be noted that in the upper right hand corner of this pic is the tallest corner of the house.  I found dog hair stuck to the ceiling in this corner.  I was cracking up laughing over that.  

We were super happy to get this project finished.  "Normal" is greatly valued at our house, which is to say that we appreciate a peaceful haven-like home.


The major lesson we learned in this room is that stud finders do not work on freshly painted walls.  We were beyond frustrated trying to hang the white boards back up quickly since the children were in bed.  I've NEVER had trouble with my stud finder and replacing the batteries didn't help.  Yep, I googled it.  It's a thing!!  The next morning after the paint had a little more time to cure, we had zero problems!  


This time when we put the bulletin boards back up, I went with a navy blue fabric I dug out of my fabric stash.  #fabrichoarderjustified


This place is really coming together!


I guess you're not wondering anymore what I've been up to lately.

Dominique