Tuesday, December 10, 2019

These Christmas Days

Dear friends,

Are you caught up in your Christmas to-do list or the swirl of Christmas activities?  It's been a little bit of everything around here lately. 

After having it on my to-do list for forever, I finally managed to order our family pictures this evening... as the girls indulged in watching Arthur Christmas, a favorite December movie.  Since Daddy is away slaying deer, we decided to stop in at Pizza Hut and use our Book It coupons.  On the way home, we swung by the nearest neighborhood Christmas lights display.  It's been a nice bit of pleasantry after a few days that held their own unique challenges. 


Blossom3 hit her head pretty hard whilst playing Cops and Robbers with her pals last Monday.  She's had headaches off and on since then, so we instituted our own concussion protocol.  That has required a bit of creativity on my part, as that means no reading, concentrating, screens or physical activity.  She's doing so well.  Let's just say, Mufasa the bunny rabbit, has been enjoying the high life INSIDE keeping her company, while she works her way through the audio version of the Chronicles of Narnia.  I am so thankful she's been improving so much every day and I've been sneaking in school assignments in any way I can.

We had some company earlier this week, which was nice for catching up.  Building has started on a new pole barn too.  My shopping is basically done.  That isn't so very impressive when you realize that I shopped for the girls' stocking stuffers WITH Blossom3 and Blossom4 tagging along.  They assure me, "We didn't see anything."  

Our days haven't been perfect but I am savoring the grace that is with us as we live each moment. 

Dominique