Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Back Porch Sittin'

Hello friends,

I love a good sprucing up kind of project and lately, I've had a few little projects that make our back porch more homey and welcoming. 

I made this old board salvaged from a friend into a meaningful (to me) take on Psalm 23:5. 


The Rugged Mountain Man's neighbor throughout his childhood gifted us this rocker, which I spent a little while repainting.



I decided on "Rest in Me" for the back slat on it.  It's a good reminder and I adore the subtle play on words.



What porch is complete without a solid rocking chair?



Deep in the recesses of the basement, I had squirreled away this fabric.  I found it on a Walmart run back when Blossom2 was a baby.  Zoom in on the green awning.  You can see that it has my name on it!  It was fun to finally get around to making a new pillow out of it.



For the past few years, I've wanted to paint a rug on my porch.  


I created a stencil that fit the width of my deck boards and got down to business.


It was a fun project for a lovely spring day.


I made my own stencil for the tassels too.  They thrilled my beauty-loving soul!


There's been lots of "back porch sittin'" around here lately and that kind of quality time breathes peace into our routine.  

Dominique