Saturday, July 21, 2018

Not Camping Here

I was spending time with a friend the other day.  She has delightful young girls the Blossoms' ages, but she also has a few children that are older.  I love to observe her with all of her children, especially those that are launching into adulthood.  After I'd been served delicious sparkling water with a slice of lime, which I thoroughly savored, I asked her, "Do you ever worry that you haven't done enough?" 

She shared frankly, "Yes, but I try not to camp out there."  

We talked about so many things that day in the sunshine, but that wisdom has bounced around inside me for weeks.  It's been something I can grasp onto, a nudge sent from Heaven.

She elaborated, "I also pray.  A LOT."  

These two little nuggets so humbly shared are the kinds of the things that mamas further along in the journey can share with those who haven't trekked as far in our motherhood journey yet.  We need those reminders badly.


Dominique