Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Lately

Lately, I have...

~ Swiped half of a large shipping crate off a neighbor's burn pile (with their permission) to use as a base for a cage. Yes, I loaded it into my truck myself.  My minions were occupied elsewhere.

~ Yelled, "Are they mating?!?!?!" through the house as Blossom3 and Blossom4 enthusiastically declared that Peanut and Puffin REALLY, REALLY liked each other.  It turns out one was in their cage and the other was out, so we're good there.  Sorry if that's TMI for you; it's a reality here.

~ Made room in my freezers, which is no easy task, for scads of water bottles to be frozen in order to aid in "rabbit air conditioning."

~ Been to Walmart more times than I care to admit to pick up various and sundry items needed for 4-H projects.

~ Spent hours in the schoolroom and at the dining room table overseeing said 4-H projects.

~ Chased deer away from the apple trees.

~ Caught a wayward rabbit single-handedly.

~ Snapped a lot of beans.

~ Made the Blossoms snap a lot of beans.

~ Learned to dry old pea vines and bean plants to feed as hay to our rabbits.

~ Pulled weeds.  Lots and lots of weeds.

~ Drank a lot of Sun Tea Palmer.

~ Cut up multitudes of cucumbers to feed to my masses.

~ Fooled Blossom4 into eating Beet Jam, by adding in a bit of grape juice to the recipe and calling it Grape Jelly.  Shhhhhh, don't you dare tell her!  (In my defense, it does taste grape-like and fruity and she was letting the name turn her off.)

~ Hauled and cleaned up wood from a tree that fell in the yard, narrowly missing the truck.

Summers are not exactly vacation around here, but with many hands making the work light, it gets done.  Plus, when we're finished with work for the day, there's always the creek to cool off.