Friday, July 11, 2014

Peach Palmer or Super Mom Sun Tea

This post has been a long time comin'.  I really didn't mean to hold out my "How to be a SuperMom" recipe!!!

I make this stuff and the stars sparkle in the Blossoms' eyes.  It's remarkable in fact.


I lived in Texas for about 7 years of my childhood.  Besides the fact that I think cowboy hats and cowboy boots are normal attire and I can't figure out why people stare at these accoutrements, I also think that sun tea is something that normal families make in summertime.  I can still remember jars of this stuff sitting out on patios, porches and deck railings of our little Southern town. 





I took it a step further and created this tasty and refreshing Arnold Parlmer-esque version of it a few summers ago.  (In case you're wondering, an Arnold Palmer is half iced tea, half lemonade.)  As I said, the Blossoms adore it. 



Without further ado, here's our recipe:

Peach Palmer or Super Mom Sun Tea

3-4 tea bags of Peach Tea
3-4 tea bags of any other Fruit Tea
(our favorite is Raspberry, but we've had so much fun exploring other flavors)
1/2 gallon of Water

Place this in a glass gallon container in the morning and steep in the hot sun til Supper time.  (It's weak if you only steep til Lunch time.) 

At Supper time, remove the tea bags.  Add the following:

1 1/2 cups Sugar

Mix well.

Add:
2 cups Lemon Juice
Fill to the top with Water.

Mix well.  Stir in Lemon slices, Lime slices or Frozen Berries as you desire.  Serve ice cold to thirsty families and watch it disappear!

PS - For smaller families, this recipe can be halved and steeped in a quart jar. 

Enjoy!
Dominique