Friday, September 21, 2018

On Blessings

In a society where kids are a "handful," I like to take the opportunity to celebrate the ways that the Blossoms are a blessing.


- When weevils invaded my pantry, the Blossom army helped me tackle it.  I was tired and overwhelmed and they made a big project doable with their helping hands.  Children are a blessing.

- When a busy day was coming up on the morrow, the Blossom2 prepared all the proponents for the Rugged Mountain Man's beloved ham and bean soup, while Blossom3 made the cornbread to go with it.  That day ran smoothly because of their willing hands.  Yes, children are a blessing.

- When my sister and I were wrangling six kids amongst crowds and long lines, Blossom1 reminded us that we still hadn't visited the corn box yet.  It was the perfect thing for wiggly, energetic kiddos to do while I procured us pierogi.  Blossom1 is getting her logistics game on with well-timed ideas! 

Friends, children aren't perfect, but sometimes we need to take the time to see, remember and celebrate the ways they are a blessing!


Dominique

Photo credit to my mother-in-law!