Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Where To First?

I've been thinking about something I've deemed the "Go-Tell" phenomenon. 

It seems that in this information sharing age, if something happens, we go to our phones and tell someone.  Whether we text, post, blog, email, whatever, we go and we tell. 

There's a lot of good in technology, no doubt about it.  I'm thankful that I can share thoughts with you.  I'm thankful for the connections that texting has helped to foster.  I'm thankful for all the good, in its place.

Yet I feel convicted to share that I find myself going and telling everyone else, before my Father God.  


Did something amazing happen?  I can shout victorious words of thanks, with a holy happy dance!
Did something confusing happen?  I can whisper the need for wisdom, with my head buried in my hands.
Did something horrible happen?  I can petition the throne room of grace, with tears upon my face. 
Did something regular happen?  I can call out for grace for my everyday "normal" life to glorify Him.

This week, I want to remember:

To the throne room first.