Friday, August 31, 2018

Oops, It's Me

Today in the midst of a mini-mad-tirade I caught myself muttering, "Why does he do ________?  Why doesn't he just listen to me?"  My frustration was evident over what, in the expanse of eternity, was truly a very minor thing. 

Oh so quietly the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear a recent specific instance when I had not listened to the Rugged Mountain Man.

Busted.  

I was stunned as I realized I often point the finger at him, when I'm doing the exact same thing. 

It's an easy trap to think that I'm okay and he's the one that needs to be corrected. 

This comes to mind:

How can you think of saying to your friend, 
‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ 
when you can’t see past the log in your own eye?
Matthew 7:3, NLT


May the cry of my heart continually be, "Holy Spirit, show me what needs to change in my heart!"