Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Have You Heard

Have you heard about the new movie, "Breakthrough?"

Blossom1, Blossom2 and I got to see it last Sunday night with a fun group of friends and family.  I can hardly recommend this movie enough. 

It's based on a true story and the journey of faith portrayed in this movie is genuine.  I think sometimes people think that if you have faith, you must have things all figured out.  However, faith seems to have more to do with believing God when things go wrong and you're muddling through. 

Faith is what you have and affects what you do 
while you're learning to follow Jesus through anything, every day. 

This movie portrayed something like real people just trying to really love and serve Jesus. 

Yes, I cried.  Everybody in the theater did, though interspersed in the tough scenes were moments of good humor.  I might've guffawed in the theater, but when the moment of victory came, I did manage to retain my dignity by not standing up and shouting WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, as I felt inclined to do.

Friend, take a minute to build yourself up a little; grab a loved one and go see Breakthrough.


Dominique