Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Recent Hiking

Recently I had the opportunity to take a hike with a friend.  It was just the two of us, without any of the seven children that we have between our families.  


We've hiked together before, conquering a mountain and searching out ruins of an old building, all with seven plus children trotting behind us (mostly) willingly or riding on our backs.


Those excursions were fun, but this hike was a very special treat!


I admire this gal's adventurous spirit and her willingness to think outside the box.  I also admire how she perseveres every day in her life and walk with God.  It was nice to spend some uninterrupted time with her, as we adventured together.  


We drove to the trail head, through beautiful, idyllic countryside, rolling hills and picturesque farms.  


Before long we were chugging along at our own speed, chatting the trail away.  It was only about an hour of hiking until we reached the Falls.  


The Falls were splendid and beautiful!  We sat amidst their noise, munching our wraps and snacks, whilst the mist fell over us in refreshing waves.  


I bathed my face in the waters, feeling refreshed in more ways than one!


The trail ended and began with a kind of a boardwalk over a long marshy area, which I found charming!  Water crossings come in all shapes and sizes!  These are the unique things that seal each hike in my memory.


I'm truly thankful for time with a good friend, adventuring together.