Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Day to Day Steps

I feel ready for the day to day book work again.  

I can only say that after days of preparation.  

Hours of cleaning out the school room.

Hours of sorting through curricula and supplies and paper and notes.  

Hours of clearing out the clutter.

I feel like I've cleared the clutter from my brain though.

I'm enjoying that the whole room is fresh and ready for regular occupancy again.  


I took a few moments to write down our basic schedule.  Interestingly enough, it seems we follow the same skeleton routine no matter the time of year.  The rise time varies, as in the summer I allow the Blossoms to rise later and stay up later.  In summer, the school work is replaced by more homestead work and the afternoons are where we squeeze in our fun.


We rise, have devotions, eat breakfast and discuss devotions.  
We tackle outside chores, slay inside chores and start school work.  
We have a mid-morning snack break.  Then, more school work until lunch and read aloud time.  
Rest time follows and then an afternoon of finishing up school work.  
Following that, I turn my attention elsewhere to my other housework and demands.
I need to feed the hungry people again!  
After supper cleanup, we work and hang out together.  

This seems to be the rhythm of our days.  It helps us prioritize the things that matter to our family.

I find this basic routine is a bit like a baby steps approach.  

Every day we're moving forward just a little more, making pint-sized investments in blossoming people.

Dominique