Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Millions of Small Moments

This quarantine, I have noticed how much love and affection can be squeezed in everywhere, in all the little cracks of time in between tasks, activities, and to do lists.  

I still love good long chunks of quality time.  We've certainly had plenty of that during these last 58 days.  Time on the back porch.  Time lounging on the couch.  Time on the hiking trails.  Valuable quality time.  

We've also used these two months to tackle the homestead work and rainy day projects lists. 

Whether they are days of productivity or time in the woods, I've noticed that each day can be so much sweeter when I slide in little signs of affection here and there.  

Mamas, we put so much pressure on ourselves; 
we spread ourselves SO THIN 
and then, we worry more that we aren't doing enough.  

I find myself squeezing a Blossom's shoulder as I walk past.  

I find myself winking across the room at another Blossom who is coloring.  

I find myself bumping into another Blossom and giggling with her as she chides me.  

I find myself chucking a chin or tapping a pert Blossom nose.  

Tangibly loving our children doesn't have to be another big item on our to do list. 

Those millions of small moments in between amount to so much over the long haul.  

Take heart, mama.  

Dominique