Friday, May 15, 2020

This Mama's Reading Aloud... to YOU!

At our church wide yard sale ~ our last in person event before everything was cancelled for Coronavirus concerns ~ I picked up Parenting in the Pew, by Mrs. Robbie Castleman. 

Its title piqued my interest.  I'm always looking for more insight to help me lead our Blossoms on the journey of faith. 

Could there be practical tips inside for helping our girls participate more fully and grow in Christ? 

I found Parenting in the Pew to be an encouraging read, written from a mama's perspective.  I felt inspired to continue helping the girls see the connection of faith from Truth to everyday life application. 

The Rugged Mountain Man and I don't want them to just go to church!  We want them to learn to worship!!

On my next phone conversation, I gave my sister ~ a busy mama of three Sprouts, ages 5 years to 10 months ~ the summary of it.  In between little fusses and cries of "Mama, can I have a snack" and "Mama, he hit me," I talked very fast.  She was grateful and over the next few weeks, we both have discussed these tips and principles. 

We have been trying to use this unique time of participating in church services virtually from our own living room couches as an opportunity to practice helping our offspring worship - - - not just do church! 


But, I just kept thinking about the mamas in my life who might be encouraged and who have a hard time sitting down to read a book. 

Here you go ~ I'm reading it aloud, to you, one short chapter at a time!  Check it out on YouTube!

May you be blessed and equipped in your child-rearing!  



Dominique

PS - My background noise is perfectly calculated to make you feel right at home.