Friday, February 12, 2021

A Sluggish Morning Made Slower

We had a late night and the morning was shaping up to be sluggishly slow where our normal routine was concerned.  


Yet, we found ourselves around the island, doing our normal morning stuff.


I was tempted to herd everyone off to chores in a hurry.  Sometimes if we all get crack-alacking, we can "catch up" on those sluggish mornings.  


The conversation picked up and we all sat there chatting about everyday life and the events of the previous couple of days.


I was enjoying their conversation and banter, so I held my tongue. 


Even though we really needed to be productive.


After a half hour of quality conversation over tea and the remnants of breakfast, they trekked off to the basement to don snow pants and other cold weather gear.  The livestock was still waiting.


I contentedly moseyed about the kitchen, bringing it to rights and moving forward in our routine.  


I reminded myself that this is one reason we homeschool ~ to embrace life on our own schedule and terms.  

Real life.  

Real connection.


Hearing their thoughts, discussing the ups and downs of our week, simply enjoying our relationships with one another was worth being behind for!  


Pics from a recent jaunt on State Game Lands.  We were bundled up, but it was so refreshing.  I especially thought the wilted yet frozen Rhododendron leaves were charming, in an odd sort of way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!