Friday, February 5, 2021

Winter Lately

Lately I am:

Laughing~
Over my brother's white board comment.  I left it up for the last few weeks just so I'd smile every time I walked by.

Excited~
About all this snow!  It's so nice to be able to do wintery things in winter! We sure have enjoyed the sledding, skiing, snowboarding, and snowball fights.  We discovered that Blossom3 has really great balance!  I guess that's not surprising, considering that once upon a time, balance beam was my favorite event in gymnastics.  Anyway, I hope the snow keeps coming.  The Rugged Mountain Man even got out and did a little ice fishing with some friends!  We haven't been ice skating yet, but there's still plenty of winter left so I'm hopeful!

Planning~
To take the Christmas tree down tomorrow.  The Blossoms and I agree that it's finally time.  It was still so festive and inviting in the living room, so we've been soaking up the coziness.  Now we're embracing the next winter holidays here ~ Valentines Day and the Rugged Mountain Man's birthday!

Thankful~
For a truck and a plow and Tractor Supply curbside pickup and Berne overalls and virtually indestructible vintage Woolrich coats and my new ponytail beanie and all the little (big) things that make rural life easier and so much more enjoyable!

Reading~
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It's an old favorite of mine.  My sister made a passing reference in conversation the other day and I've been ping-ponging through it ever since.  I'm reveling in the exquisite language and remembering why it was a childhood favorite.  I'm wondering if it will be one of our next read-alouds, although I'm sure I won't be able to get through it without sniffling and choking up.  That's just how I am.

I've also been flying through some recent releases by Christy Barritt.  She's a squeaky clean Christian suspense writer that tends to put out solid reading material.  I especially like all her Lantern Beach series.  I dislike having to spend a lot of time finding good reading material, so I often rely on tried and true authors or old favorites when I get a minute to read.  

Drinking~
Yorkshire Gold tea!  It's a new tea that I tried from the Herb Shop and it's a bold and sturdy pick-me-up in the morning.  Our latest tea order came, causing much joy over being able to restock our favorites.  The Blossoms have been enjoying Apricot, Pineapple Orange Herbal and Pomegranate teas as a hot cuppa or a refreshing glass of iced tea.  The tea kettle is always bubbling and the tea always steeping around here.  

I enjoyed catching up with you a little today.  
Sending hugs and cozy winter wishes from our Hollow to your home,

Dominique



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!