Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Oh, Be Careful What You...

My mind had lots of time to think over the weekend on a getaway to the cabin with the Rugged Mountain Man.  It was lovely, refreshing, and fun!  

Time away in the Wilds with my best friend certainly afforded us some time to finish our thoughts.


Lately, I've been mulling over how important it is for me to be careful of the words I speak ~ 
over my home, my children, and my husband.  


The tongue truly holds the power of life and death.  

I've seen this hold true in my life and the lives of those around me, time and time again.


It's far too easy to let idle conversation form my mindsets about these things.  


We moms say things.  We say it again.  We say it again and again and again,
and whether or not we meant to, now we believe it... 

and we keep believing it and we keep speaking it.


Our attitude is affected.
Our outlook changes.

We believe that our children are exhausting and frustrating, 
our husband is inattentive and ungrateful, 
and our home life is chaotic.  


It's little wonder when those things trend in that direction!


We must guard our words. 

And, it's not enough to guard our words last week or today.  

We must continually guard our tongues moment by moment, day after day.


We're guarding our marriage, our family, and our homes from worldly attitudes and mindsets and satan's wiles.


Let us speak life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!