Thursday, April 22, 2021

Spring Days

With the flurry of end of year writing assignments, it's been a struggle to carve out my own time on the computer.  This is definitely a time of year when I feel like we don't have enough devices.  Still, as one friend reminded me, this blog is my outlet and one thing that I thoroughly enjoy.  I ought to make the time for it.  Mamas know that making time for something important takes continual effort.  It's usually worth it though.

The school year is wrapping up.  I'm grateful for that.  The girls are steadily chugging away at the end of year checklist and I dance a happy dance every time something else gets checked off.  I planned for 140 days of bookwork this year ~  a tweak from previous years.  We already have our 180 days of school in.  I say that not to brag, but to share that after eleven years of homeschooling, I finally learned a few things and planned accordingly... finally.  Sometimes lessons take a while to learn.

Y'all know that spring is a busy time here.  Garden work is picking up.  It was so cold last night, so I covered a few things.  They look like they fared well, so I'm happy about that.  The spinach and arugula that have been coming out of the garden are tasty.  

The Blossoms have been splitting wood nightly.  It looks like we'll start the stacking this weekend.  

I read in Colossians 3 this morning and I was reminded afresh to set my sights on the realities of heaven.  Heaven is a reality to me and I want my daily life to reflect that in every way.  I was challenged to think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.  

As the logistics manager of our household, the things of earth often suck me in. I'm not denying the realities of being here.  Rather, I want the realities of eternity to direct my daily life.  

It's letting my little picture be driven by the Big Picture.

That's what I'm mulling over today.  I'm asking the Lord to nudge me when I need a reset, when I need to remember the reality of heaven again.  

Dominique

Pics from a from a trip to the greenhouse with friends













No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!