Tuesday, June 8, 2021

From Peace to Joy

Sitting on the porch swing in the relative quiet of farm and household life, leafing through the pages of the Word, this verse struck deep in my heart.  


"...Those who promote peace have joy."

Proverbs 12:20b, NIV


I asked myself, "Am I promoting peace all day long here in our home?"

It's a hard question, because although I *WANT* to promote peace in our home 

and I resolve to promote peace in our home, I fall short, time and again, as all humans do.  

I was encouraged to continue.  To keep promoting peace in our home.  To speak calmly.  To love faithfully.  To choose my words wisely.

Promoting peace on a daily basis is often sacrificial, as most things moms do.

The message to me came through loud and clear, like an arrow to my heart.  

Continue to make the sacrifice to promote peace in our home and 

God will make sure that I have joy.  

Dominique



THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!