Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Peachy Platforms

You'll find the idea of customizing plain white Walmart shoes all over Pinterest.  

I'm pretty sure those of us born in the 80s painted white canvas shoes from Walmart too... we just didn't have Pinterest to tell us it was cool.  Nonetheless, I searched the internet high and low for the exact Walmart shoes featured on Pinterest in all the tutorials.  

In the end, it was searching for "platform sneakers" on Walmart's web site that landed me in the right place.  The Time and Tru brand was sold out but the No Boundaries brand was still available in most local stores - in girls' and women's sizes!


Blossom1 was thrilled with this simple gift - a cheap pair of shoes and several shades of paint to choose from.  She listed the whole experience as her favorite gift!  She planned and painstakingly painted.  

I love the personalized details she added!


The 80s color combinations are tickling me pink!  
(Back in the day, we all had Caboodles in these colors!)

It kinda made me want to paint a pair, but mostly my heart is full when there's creativity blossoming here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!