Friday, July 21, 2023

Blue Skies and Wiffle Ball

We had the youth group over for a picnic not long ago.  


I told myself to keep it simple.  We're opening our home for the youth group families to hang out, to just be together.  

Supplies needed:
Hot dogs
Marshmallows
Blue skies
Open arms


Oh, and some sports equipment!  There were games of badminton and wiffle ball.  

How my heart smiled as I watched and cheered and remembered wiffle ball games in my childhood yard long ago.  


There were some simple country pleasures like micro farm and garden tours and folks picking black raspberries and snacking on tangy goodness.


Banter and deep conversations.

Fire-building and fireside harmonies.  

Snacking, and running, and shouts of fun.


Fellowship doesn't have to be complicated for it to be rich.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!