Tuesday, September 5, 2023

And, Here We Go!

I've seen a lot of "First Days" in my career as the "Fabulous Facilitator" here. 

For a First Day of school, it went well.  I was pleased, but well do I remember how the first week always feels like you'll never do anything more than do school and make supper.  I mean, those are my top priorities... but the garden and canning to be done are hulking over me with condemning leers!

It levels out after about a week.  I sure am glad about that, but for a few days, I have to remind myself of that every minute!  Focus on the priorities and fill in the minutes with bite size progress!

I am already looking forward to some cool things we have in the works this year.  Blossom1 will be speaking at a local Lions Club meeting about her reign as Fair Queen.  Blossom2 is spear-heading an Instagram account to document all her pastry arts.  Blossom3 is heading up harvesting the neighbor's produce.  Blossom4 is looking forward to a trip to the Lumber Museum.  These things add sparkle to the everyday grind.   

I picked up my crocheting again.  (I finished this leg-warmer from last year that was alllllllmost done.) 

The Rugged Mountain Man says that crocheting is a winter sport.  I'll alter that to say that it is a chill-in-the-wind type of sport, perfect for when this mama needs to be present for bumps along the math road, but not so involved in EVERY minute of the math problem.  

Crocheting is calming too.  Plus, I feel a little accomplished when we are swimming the upstream of math that feels just a tad rusty for a Little Blossom.  She's gaining some promising momentum though!

As I said, HERE WE GO!  May the daily bookwork adventure begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!