Friday, January 10, 2020

A Few Notes on Tea


“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." 
~ C.S. Lewis
I thoroughly enjoy tea time... 
any time... 
all the time!  I especially enjoy loose leaf teas.  The flavor is superior to that of pre-bagged teas, though I can hardly be considered a snob.  I still drink it pre-bagged too!  

There's a ritualistic quality to preparing loose leaf teas in the morning and I enjoy that.  I purchase the most basic varieties from my local Amish health food store, flavors like English Breakfast and plain Black tea.  I love to order teas from The Herb Shop.  Doing a bulk order a few times a year keeps it affordable.  Their Irish Breakfast tea is one of my absolute favorites!  Over the past month, I've savored several cups of their Christmas Spice blend.  It's cozy spicy notes are perfect for this season.
A friend gave me the most exquisite Earl Grey loose leaf blend as a thank you when she returned from the shore a few months ago.  It's like drinking the creme de la creme!  I was sorry to see the end of that little paper bag.
I don't like to fiddle around with too many gadgets that need to be cleaned after my relaxing cuppa, so I prefer to use these paper tea bags.  They make drinking loose leaf tea much more enjoyable and much less work!  Be careful not to order the large size by accident though!

Since tea is an all day affair here, purchasing an electric tea kettle about four years ago has been a good decision.  This little work horse gets heated up at least four times a day.


Especially on our busy Thursdays, I love to take some tea along on our errands.  This travel mug keeps it hot for a LONG time.  The reviews are excellent and the price is affordable.  I also gave some as gifts this year because they came so highly recommended.  I love mine!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put the water on.  The wind and snow are blustering outside and a cup of Christmas Spice is calling.


Dominique