Saturday, July 17, 2021

Will You Sing Today?

Friend, 

What struggles are you facing today?  Are you frazzled?  Discouraged?  Bone-weary?  


A friend reached out with this verse to me mid-week.  

"But as for me, I will sing about your power.
Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love.
For you have been my refuge
a place of safety when I am in distress."
Psalm 59:16 NLT


I was exhausted and so discouraged, but when I read this, I felt that I needed to obey.  

I needed to sing.


I didn't want to sing.  I didn't feel like singing.  
I just wanted to go back to bed and somehow rest and forget my own heavy burdens.  

But, I couldn't escape the command in this verse.  


Haltingly.  Hesitatingly.  Unwillingly.  

I sang.

I sang the first song about God's love that came to mind.  

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.  
His mercies never come to an end.  
They are new every morning,
New every morning.
Great is Your Faithfulness..."*


The longer I sang, the easier it became.  

All day long, I sang in faith.  I sang when I didn't feel like it.  I sang when I'd rather be quiet.  

And my spirit lifted from my own weariness, 
from my own discouragement to the power that our God holds.  


Friend, if you are there, take courage from this verse and sing.  

Dominique



Pics from a recent venture to a park with a few extras.  

Cousins love creek-slopping and wildflower picking as much as Blossoms do!


Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.


*The Steadfast Love of the Lord by Dave Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!