Friday, July 9, 2021

Who's Never Weary

I was upset.  Tired.  Feeling like I had given 110% and it still wasn't enough.  

In the middle of my angst, I felt the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit whisper, 

"But why did you think you were enough?"

I paused, almost dumb-founded.  
In my busy-ness, and in my hustle, I'd allowed a worldly mindset to creep in!

I believed I could be enough.  


When did this happen?  When did it start?  I don't know.  

But NO.  There is only One who is enough.  In fact, He is MORE than enough.  
His name is "El Shaddai," the All Sufficient One.  

In my struggles, I found Isaiah 40:28 reminding me that
our everlasting God, the Creator of everything, never grows weak or weary.  


I am not enough.  

I will never be enough.

He IS enough.

He is MORE than enough.

And, HE IS NOT WEARY.


Mama, today, get yourself an index card and write down these truths.  

You may be exhausted, but

He is not weary.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!