Wednesday, February 1, 2023

That Reminder App

I love hearing ways that technology works for people.  

Lately, the Reminder app on my phone has been especially useful.  

For years, Sunday dinner has been hickly-pickly simply because I never remembered to get the meat out to thaw on Saturday!  After taking my sister's advice to utilize this app more fully, I now set a reminder when I create the weekly menu.  I immediately jump on my phone and set a reminder to pull the meat out to thaw on Saturday.  This has become a real lifesaver for our weekends, when our schedule is a lot different from our weekdays.  

The Little Blossoms need to remember to gather eggs.  They were forgetting and I was forgetting to remind them and the Rugged Mountain Man was just getting frustrated at having to enforce such a ridiculously small micro farm detail.  There's a daily reminder for that now too.

And how 'bout those pesky free trials ending three months from now?  I don't want to forget to cancel them before I get charged.  You guessed it.  I've got a reminder set for that!

What about those random flossers I need to remember to get when I stop in at the Dollar Tree next time?  I've got a running list on the Reminder app for those things and places on my phone too.  

The Reminder app is working hard for me.  I love using technology for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!