Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Now THAT'S colorful.

By far, my most favorite thing we've done this year is a local Color Run/Fun Run 5K.  A couple of friends came up with the idea and roped Blossom1 and Blossom2 into participating.  They are pretty willing participants in any adventures these days.

They went all out by painting fluorescent stripes on their socks the night before.  They jogged and walked in preparation for the event.  

They bought matching pink bandanas for headbands.  

They made sure they had brilliant white shirts so all the colors would show up "dazzingly."  

Morning dawned stifling and sunshiny.  We pulled up in our well-loved minivan and learned about the course.  It was a local road that we were all familiar with.  Of course, there had to be a big hill involved.  

As temperatures climbed hotter and hotter, we got pre-color/pre-race pictures.  As they started to mill around the starting line, I meandered on ahead to the first color station.  I'm a Color Run rookie, so I wanted to photograph all the color fun.  They jogged past me, now greenly grinning.

After I watched them forging forward on the course, I set my sights on a good spot to stake out for in-progress pics of their return trip.  I soaked in the sunshine and basked in the beauty of rural PA.  I smiled happily to myself as I thought of them doing this together.  In this season, 

I'm a facilitator.  

I'm a logistics coordinator.  

I'm the "momarazzi."  

I'm the water bringer.  

I'm the ibuprofen dispenser.  

I'm the "You CAN do it" yell-er!  

I'm the "I'm so proud of you" voice!

And I'm happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!