Friday, August 4, 2023

Sewing & the Little Girls

 Every year the Fair is my arbitrary deadline. It's my self-imposed motivation to do a sewing a project with the Blossoms.


Blossom1 graduated from my sewing school this year. Blossom2 was independent and rocked a beautiful apron with only a few minor pointers from me.


It was sewing with the Little Blossoms that I found to be particularly good for the soul.


Or, more accurately, good for my mama heart.  

Not in the everything-is-peachy-and-rosy kind of way.

HA.


Instead, through the nitty-gritty of sewing new curtains for their room, 
I noticed their developmental growth.  
I noticed their maturity rising.  
I noticed how they pushed through when things got bumpy.


As I stood over their shoulders and pointed and instructed and encouraged and took a deep breath to be patient again and again, I was thankful to be a part of a project that thrilled their souls.

Some day, I hope they remember with a smile, that we sewed together.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!