Saturday, September 23, 2017

This is How We Co-op

With the autumn weather and the physical demands on me, gettin' ready for co-op on Wednesday mornings has made me work a little harder within the confines of my closet.  Anybody can hop on Amazon and order the missing pieces for an outfit.  Click.  Click. Magic...

but I challenge myself again and again to take the pieces I own 
and put them together with functional class.


I've heard in the fashion world that you ought to dress the body you have.  It makes sense.  Take care of what you have, treat it with respect and you will continue to make good decisions in regards to your healthy habits.  

If you feel and look frumpy, 
you'll continue to make frump-inducing decisions.  


From a Christian viewpoint, my body is the house that God lives in.  I aim to care for it well and dress it with modesty and excellence.

This convictions drives me as I dress every day, no matter who is or isn't coming over, whether I am or am not going out.

If the furthest I go is the school room and the kitchen, I go with a clear conscience, knowing my outfit is modest and excellent.  And when I venture further, I can think about what I need to accomplish and being a blessing to others, rather than worrying about what I have on.  

A truly functional, classy outfit, slides into the background.  


A truly functional, classy outfit lets me do what I have to do without worrying about what I have on.

I can focus on tending my Blossoms.  I can pay attention to co-op logistics.  I can tie knots with kids.  I can snap photos while they build shelters.  I can give a hug to a friend in need.  I can kneel in the grass with a friend's little one.  I can smile, laugh, be flexible, do head counts, haul gear and do all that "nothing" that is really something.

I can do all that with excellence and modesty.


Yes, I'm still mixing and matching the "same-old, same-old" pieces, but it's been a fun challenge to practice contentment both in my wardrobe and in my body.

Dominique

Outfit #1 - Co-op week #2

Outfit #2 - Hiking during my recent weekend getaway with the Rugged Mountain man

Outfit #3 - Co-op week #3

Outfit #4 - Piano lessons and errands today