Friday, October 26, 2018

Today

Today I'm

Excited: 
About reaching out to our community tomorrow in simple and fun ways.  Working together with God's people is refreshing and invigorating.  There's just something about loving people, together.


Happy:
That we had a productive week of school chock-full of the perseverant, steady plodding necessary to keep our educational program successful.


Sad:
That the foliage isn't as brilliant other years, although it's caused me to look harder for God's beauty I normally love seeing in autumn.  It seems the harder you have to look, the more you appreciate it.  


Reading:
The Tech-Wise Family by Andy Crouch, which I snagged on a recent relaxing and fun outing with a friend.  It's proving to be a thought-provoking, counter-cultural read about the modern family, technology and family life.  I'm over halfway through it and I heartily recommend it!


Doing:
A juggling act!  There was school.  There were crafts!  There was motherly discipline!  There was quiet time!  There was grocery list writing!  It was a classic, regular ole busy day full of mama tasks.


Going:
To the feed store... again.  #microfarmlife


Planning:
Two week's worth of meals... again... to keep this crew fed.  


Some people might think it's a boring, unfulfilling life, but I know different.  Today, I'm reveling in being in the center of God's will.

Dominique