Friday, July 12, 2019

Thoughts on the Swimsuit Dilemma

After my sister shared a pretty swimsuit she'd found in her Amazon trolling and my very old swimsuit demanded to be replaced, I decided to give a long sleeved swimsuit a try.  I'd since started wearing an under armor type shirt over my old suit, along with a little skirt.  I felt more comfortable than ever, when hanging out waterside.  It was so much closer to my normal summer standard of clothing. 


I haven't regretted this AT ALL.  

I'm not hot.  I get in the water more because I care far less about water temperature.  I use little to no sunscreen.  I'm comfortable around other pool-goers.  What a fabulous decision!

Also, this year, when doing the Blossoms' swimsuit inventory, we ordered Blossom1's from Amazon.  It was under $30 and modest.  She had been gifted the same suit previously by a family friend.  She LOVED IT and then outgrew it. 



This year, she elected to simply order the next size up.  It was a slam dunk!

Because Blossom2 adored my flashy taste in my gymnastics days, she raided my old leotard stash and added a pair of active shorts for the bottoms to complete her ensemble.  This was a great choice for her.  She is super active. 



I can see that most leotards seem to hold up just as well as any other swimsuits out there. For future purchases, I'll definitely keep my eyes out for leotards as more modest swimsuit options.

Though I was prepared to purchase a new number for Blossom3, she loved her sister's leotard idea so much that she raided the dress-up bin for this cute 90s style number. 



All the suits seemed worn out by the time they got to Blossom4.  This happens often!  I was loving my own long sleeved swimsuit so much that I searched Amazon again for something pixie-sized.  She's thrilled to pieces with this little set, and I am pleased with how much less sunscreen I have to use on her. 



I wanted to share some of these options because modest swimsuits are not impossible in this day and age.  Sometimes, we just gotta think outside the box.