Tuesday, January 21, 2020

I Get To Be Here

Despite my best efforts, I am often tired.  


Despite my best efforts, I sometimes wonder if I am being effective what I do.  


This morning, I awoke and snuggled in my chair with my tea, journal, and Bible.  It was chilly and I felt like sleeping, not slaying another day.  


My thoughts meandered to my teens and twenties and suddenly, I realized, 


"I am doing what I wanted to do."  
...a dream that I feel God gave me.


I was suddenly overwhelmed with gratitude that I could be here, doing this.  


am grateful, though I don't always feel grateful.  


When I dwelt on this privilege, I breathed, 


"Thank You, Lord, that I GET to do this.  
Thank You, Lord, that I can stay at home with the girls. 


Thank You, Lord, that I can teach them.  
Thank You, Lord, that we can be together every day.  
Thank You, Lord, that I GET to be here."  


This privilege is such a blessing to me. 


The perspective was fresh in my mind, the same principle I was taught as a child ~  


"You don't HAVE to; you GET to."


We mamas may be weary, but we GET to be here.  That's a beautiful gift that weariness can eclipse if we let it.  


The reminder to be thankful that I GET to be here shifted everything around in my perspective today.  


I'm still marveling at the blessing of getting to be here today.


Dominique