Friday, February 7, 2020

The Very Useful Tea Time

My hospitality repertoire is evolving.  More accurately, I believe it's growing up.

I used to think that tea time had to be an event, a big deal with scads of pre-planning, baking, and fussing.  I now realize it's a tool.  It's the people and the time together that make tea time meaningful.

Meeting to plan a co-op class became cozier with china and Rice Krispy treats.  Even though we were scouring the internet for the best deals on preserved specimens, it was still lovely.



And, the other night, when I was upset because our evening was so busy that the older Blossoms had to forego family supper, we came home from practice and sat down to family tea time.

It was relief to my guilt-laden mind.
It was bonding for our family.
It was balm to our souls.
It was enjoyable!

We even tried to give Daddy the manliest china tea cup we could find!

Sure, it was just a pot of Winter Spice herbal tea and a few graham crackers, but we were together.  

Plop your tea pot in the middle of your mundane and sip together!

Dominique

You may wonder about the paper plate in the corner of the table.  The young man had opted for game-playing with the Blossoms instead of a spot at the tea table.  While he steadfastly refused the tea and RK treats, he just couldn't resist the leftover Texas Sheet Cake I had in the kitchen!  Perhaps I'll share that recipe with you all soon.