Thursday, June 25, 2020

A Summer Life Lately

Keeping up on the garden has been a daily, family task.  We're happy with the steady stream of yummy green things that are coming in.  Actually, I should say that the Rugged Mountain Man and I are happy with all the yummy green things.  The Blossoms are a bit chagrined at the amount of salad they are expected to eat.  


I catch the sunrise and savor my quiet time before the troops venture forth.  

I picked up this cute vintage tea cup at the Goodwill store the other day.  It's so dainty and proper.  I've enjoyed it as a part of my morning routine lately.


 and we all catch the sunsets together on the back porch.  It's a favorite time of day, catching lightening bugs, scratching the dogs, and chatting about the day.


Sometimes bunnies join us on the porch.  There are loads to go around.  


The Fair is cancelled but the work associated with our summer animals is not.  The Blossoms have been really good sports about their summer farm work.  I've been truly been pleased as how much the little Blossoms' work ethic has improved lately - - - finally.


The antics of their livestock keep our conversations lively and our days interesting.


We've been enjoying fishing lately.  On this particular day, the Rugged Mountain Man took the little Blossoms out on the boat and the older Blossoms stayed on shore and fished with me.  


Blossom4 caught her very first fish ALL BY HERSELF.  Evidently, she was nearly beside herself with excitement!  Blossom3 also caught some fish as well.  They were still grinning from ear to ear when they returned to regain their land legs a few hours later.  

Good summer times around here, friends!  Hope you're soaking it up.

Dominique