Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Discouragement: An Opportunity

The longer we parent, the more I am convinced that there is no substitute for the day after day, moment by moment investment of consistent, loving parenting of our children.

No one really knows the exact formula of correct parenting.  

The weight of wondering if you're doing "all the right things" can be heavy. 


I have moments of charging ahead confidently and moments of mulling, wondering and hesitating.

I used to see that mulling and wondering as discouragement at its deepest.

Lately I've been reminded how much it can be a place of humility.  

It's a time to realize and remember my own imperfections, allowing those imperfections to be that glaring ever present reminder of my need for God.  

It's a time to remember how God led me to my own convictions.  

It's a time to pray.  It's a time to open up the Word and look - really look - at what He says.

It's a a reminder to stop, to clear through the under brush and again find the path God wants us on. There's always the "brush" of other people's opinions.  Their comments.  Their philosophies.  Their ideas.  Their methods.  


It's a time to remember how much grace there is for me in this role, this job.  

So much grace.


Out of humility, God can grow the harvest He wanted all along.  


Dominique


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!