Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Growing in my Heart

After a week, Jake and Rory are back to normal.  No more messes in the house.  No more making mild and tempting canine food for upset stomachs. No more 24 hour Mom surveillance of all canine bathroom habits.  I'm thankful for that.  

The Blossoms did their craft show on Saturday.  It went well.  They almost don't even need me.  I mean, I drive them there and physically help with the set up.  That's about it though.  I sat there, knitting and reading and thinking and people-watching while they interacted with their customers and made change.  I'm thankful for that.


When we got home, everyone pitched in, tidied up the house, and put away all our dog treat gear.  They may have had an ulterior motive ~ that meant we could put up the Christmas tree.  It made supper late getting on the table Saturday night, but we put up the tree!  Now, we're enjoying basking in its Christmas beauty.  I'm thankful for that.  

After several instances of crunchy pinto beans despite following the normal directions for soaking, I bought new beans and decided to make them in the instant pot.  We had delicious, wholesome pinto beans that were NOT crunchy.  Tonight's chili was comforting and savory and NOT crunchy.  I'm thankful for that.  


Blossom4 thanked me for helping her remake her bed and bringing her a tissue and fetching her a cup of water and giving her TLC lately.  It's nice to be thanked sometimes.  I'm thankful for that.  

We've been playing the Christmas program and choir songs on repeat lately.  I love the sounds of harmony and melody I hear throughout the day and especially during supper cleanup.  Singing together makes my heart so happy.  I'm thankful for that.

A friend has taken some time lately to troubleshoot my knitting project and teach me a few things.  It saved me hours of time and research to figure out where I had gone wrong.  Instead, I was able to knit and relax when the moments have presented themselves today.  I'm thankful for that.


I saw snowflakes today.  They were exquisite.  I'm thankful for that.  


My parents are back safely from a big trip.  I'm thankful for that.

At the end of the day when I'm drained, if I dwell upon these beautiful little things, gratitude grows in my heart instead of discouragement, making it fertile soil for whatever God wants to teach me next.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!