Friday, November 19, 2021

Tidbits

It's little miscellaneous thoughts that I have today.  

Just hodge-podge tidbits in a hickly-pickly sort of way.  

The dogs have diarrhea (like the war zone kind of diarrhea that always ends up on the carpet and never on the linoleum) and a friend shared this supplement with us.  I wish she could share her lovely hardwood floors with us just as easily.  Nonetheless, aside from helping Jake and Rory out, we were also tickled because many of the ingredients are good for rabbits too!  Another weapon in our herbal animal arsenal!

The busier we get, the harder it is to get out for our daily walks.  I bet we're making it only about 50% of the time or less.  We made it out today though.  We take the victories wherever and whenever we can get them and we try not to let past "failures" paralyze us.  

The girls have been ordering makeup, clothing, hair accessories and such from Shein.com.  Though it takes about two weeks to get our orders, I must say, we have been pleased every time.  It's affordable and trendy stuff!  Today I'm rocking a jaw clip in my hair that I "borrowed" from Blossom1's purchases that came yesterday.  Girl moms have access to multiple diverse closets!  In any case, the jaw clip was a nice change from the scrunchy messy bun that I wear 98.99% of the time.  

Blossom3 came out of some head cold fog the other day.  When she's foggy, math is next to impossible and ridiculously frustrating for both of us.  I took advantage of homeschooling flexibility and had her do other things instead.  Today we sat down and did some review, learned a few tips and then, she aced two tests in a row!  I generally shoot for checking off each subject each day, but when someone doesn't feel well, it's so nice to be able to adjust accordingly.  

I always chuckle over word problems.  Sure, maybe your kiddo doesn't care about finding the percentage of the kids that rode the bus to school today, but maybe they can envision and grasp the sale percentage of a mini backpack at Walmart.  Sometimes word problems just need to be a little more relevant to make sense.  Blossom3 does best when she can imagine herself in the situation.  Then, she can rock it!  

I bought these adorable brown paper labels a few years ago.  I've found them to be so handy lately.  Blossom1 is always mixing up hair and cosmetic concoctions which are usually stored in mason jars in the fridge... just like the pancake syrup, chicken broth, salsa, pumpkin spice syrup, and the garlic salve.  Voila!  Pretty rustic labels!!  Besides, I don't want chamomile apple cider vinegar hair rinse on my pancakes.

It's about that time to turn block Amazon Stores or turn off notification on your child's fire tablets.  Ahem.  Blossom3 notified me of this AFTER I started ordering Christmas presents.  Thanks for that.  She assures me that she didn't see anything.


Hope you're well, friends.  The Blossoms and I are doing their annual dog treat craft show this weekend.  Lots of wheat flour and peanut butter around here lately!  

Have a lovely weekend!

Dominique


Pics were snapped on one of our favorite jaunts across the creek by our cabin.  We were checking out the flood damage.  Oddly enough, even though the weather has turned cold, I have just as many urges to sneak away to the cabin when it's cold, as I do when it's temperate.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!