Thursday, November 11, 2021

My Life Lesson

In the hardest situations, in the most frustrating situations, I am still called to obey God.

My children's foolishness or emotionalism or disobedience or poor decisions, never give me a license to disobey God.

Admittedly, it's much harder to obey God when you're just plaid tired of dealing with the same character issues all day long.  

I'm trying to teach them the same lesson that I've been mastering my whole life.

Obey God no matter what.  

No matter who else obeys.

No matter how you feel.

No matter who is or isn't watching.

No matter how others are treating you.

No matter who listens.

Obey God.


"Turn away from evil and do good.

Search for peace, 

and work to maintain it."

I Peter 3:11 NLT


That is the challenge of being a mom.  

To turn away from evil, to do good, to search for peace, to work to maintain it, 

in my life and in this house

when it's just plain hard.

I am still called to be Godly.


May I never forsake His call to holiness!  May it resonate strongly in my heart each day!

Dominique


Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!