Monday, September 27, 2021

Autumn Lately

Lately I am:

Cooking~
Cheeseburger Subs!  A friend mentioned them in conversation and I thought it sounded like a great new use of hamburg for our meal repertoire.  They were an easy and fun Friday supper!  I used this recipe as a springboard. 


Doing~
Alllllllll the things.  Wow, motherhood feels like a juggling act.  I'm doing my best to choose the most important things first, rather than the most urgent.  I believe that God graces us for the everyday life.  I want to continue to choose happiness in each moment, whether mundane or exciting.  He's watching, which is something I find dually comforting and motivating.  I'm grateful for His strength and wisdom each day.


Laughing~
About Blossom1 and Blossom2's stories and imitations.  They just got back from their grandparents' house for a few days and the animated conversation has been humor for the soul. It also makes for fabulous supper conversation.


Moving~
We're still plugging away on our noon walk routine.  I can't believe the difference a 20 minute daily walk makes in how we all feel.  We also drove up to the Mid State trail the other day and did a little scouting up there.  It was lovely and I can't wait to get back up on it.  


Thankful~
For God's provision.  He sustains us, He leads us, and He is always faithful.  That truth remains close to my heart lately. 


Reading~
The book of Revelation.  It's a great way to daily remind myself of the big picture.  He's coming soon and my heart's cry is "YES, come, Lord Jesus!"  The very last verse says, 

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's holy people."  

That's what we need today.  His grace to daily persevere.

The Return to the Canadian West series by Janette Oke.  Anything by Janette Oke is comfort reading for me.  I've been reading her works since my teenage years.  This newer series focuses on the adventures of a well to do young lady headed out West to teach in a poor mining town.  I devoured Where Courage Calls in a day or two and moved on to the rest of the series.  It was simultaneously enjoyable reading and encouraging to my spirit.  I was also grateful for the wholesome reads that the older Blossom could enjoy as well. 


Drinking~
Pumpkin Spice everything!  The girls made Pumpkin Spice Syrup the other day.  It was easy!  

1 cup water, 1 cup brown sugar, and 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Boil in microwave until dissolved.  Store in the fridge.

We've been putting it in everything! Black tea lattes.  Chai lattes.  Pumpkin spice lattes.  Over pancakes!  It's autumn in a cup.

Happy Fall, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!