Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Micro Farm Kitchen Comments

I need these shirts:

"I can't; my farm needs me."

"You're not my boss; my garden is."

"Don't stand still in this kitchen; I'll can you."

"I can because I can."

"I eat local because I can."

"Kitchen Master"


Those graphic tee ideas made me laugh!  

I don't really consider gardens and canning and farm life to be some sort of badge of honor.  This is just how we roll.  And, the weather was much more conducive this year, that's for sure!


Canning Quotes:

"I think we should give cukes to Jesus!"

~a Blossom, jokingly


"Canning is just a scheme to see how many times one can clean the same kitchen in one day."

~Me


This year's harvest has been vastly different and vastly better than last year's!  We sure are thankful for that, but the hours in the garden and moreso, the kitchen that that entails can be overwhelming.  

It's a good line of thought to follow.  Just because something is good and rewarding and what you've chosen, doesn't mean it will be easy.  It may be hours of very hard work.  

I am saying this to ME, 

to remind myself that, 

I can love the fruit of something that's hard work, without loving all the hard parts of it.  


"My garden's weeded; all's right with the world."

~Me



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!