Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Having Tea Today

If you were having tea with me today, I'd thank you for reading my blog.  It truly means a lot to me that you take time to listen to my thoughts.

I'd tell you how thankful I am that Jake, our golden retriever, is acting more and more like himself after a scary bout with seizures over the past several days.

I'd chat about how I'm learning that God wants me to fight overwhelm and worry, by singing the truth to myself... out loud.  It's helping me get off the train of discouraging thoughts.  Singing the truths I know redirects my heart and mind back to the Most Important One.  How can praising our God ever be a bad idea?


I'd comment that I've noticed that the birds are sounding so springy in the mornings lately.  

I'd share that we are making a little bit of progress helping Blossom4 not to spend all her time perusing the kitchen for delectable snacks and instead focus on her schoolwork.  We're grabbing our snack and drink, heading to our desk and staying put until the 45 minute timer goes off, when she's allowed to stretch and restock.  It's a simple thing.  Maybe it sounds too regimented to you, but it's what she needed because the grass was always greener on the other side of the house... in the kitchen.

I'd mention how much we're enjoying having homemade chocolate syrup and mocha syrup from Good Cheap Eats in our refrigerator!

I'd let you know that it's nice having Blossom1 drive the girls to practice sometimes.  It has added some margin in my week when I really, really needed it.  Yes, I do worry about her.  Do we mamas ever stop being concerned about our children?  I don't know, but I hope it causes me to pray more.  God is helping me to grow in this area.


I'd share with you how much some daily moments mean to me ~ like looking around the schoolroom and catching those quiet moments when everyone is intent on their work and learning. My heart feels full.

Thanks for chatting with me today.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!