Friday, March 11, 2022

Thrifting Fail

 A lot of times after a fashion piece has been complimented and I relate that it was thrifting find, I hear,

"How do you always find such good stuff?"

It's true, there have been some pretty special finds over the years.  

The caramel leather jacket rates at the top of the list.  

And my happy-birthday-to-me red wool coat does too!

On Saturday I even snagged a cool red clock and a fun window family photo display!


I had to laugh yesterday though.  I sat at the dining room table, helping one of the Blossoms with her schoolwork.  I glanced over my shoulder to the bookshelf and the very adorable Precious Moments Bible I picked up for Blossom4 at Goodwill on Saturday.  

I realized it was missing a good chunk of pages!!!!

When I was browsing the book selection, I thought this Bible looked like it was in excellent condition.  I mainly bought it because the font size was larger and not so intimidating for younger readers.  It would also be easy to grab when someone's tablet wasn't charged for morning devotions.  I quickly leafed through it to see how much it had been written in, but I never noticed that most of the New Testament was missing!

You win some and you lose some.  I don't always find good stuff.  Hope you get a good laugh out of my thrifting fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!