Tuesday, June 7, 2022

More Reasons?

Once I started writing down reasons to be thankful for work, the Holy Spirit brought more and more reasons to mind!  I was very surprised at the number of reasons I can be thankful for work!  

~ I can watch for the Lord's return while I work.  

The fact that the Lord is returning and can return at any moment is something that gives me so much hope.  I don't want to be complacent.  I don't want to get too comfortable here on Earth.  I don't want to become too wrapped up in Earth life that I forget about His Imminent Return.  He's given me work to do.  I will do it and while I do, I will watch and be ready.  

~ The Lord calls those who are working.  

Do you remember the story of Elisha?  He was plowing a field when God called him.  He was working in the place where God had him.  He was blooming where he was planted.  God saw his faithfulness and called him into something bigger.  

Lord, I'm gonna keep bloom-bloom-blooming right here.  
You can see my faithfulness and line up whatever else You have for me to do!  

~ If I've been given much, much is required... and more will be given.  

That means there will be more work.  I'm not here for more position or more recognition.  I want to be doing God's will.  PERIOD.  Whatever that means.  Whatever He wants.  So, whatever He leads me to do, I will obey and He'll reward with more.  And that, not surprisingly, will probably mean more work.  It's interesting that we rarely connect those dots, but I know He will ALWAYS give me the grace to do His will.  

~ The rest day will come.  Today is a work day.  

"Six days shall you work." Then, we rest on Sunday.  We faithfully hold to this principle.  Even God rested after His work of Creation.  So, we rest.  But today, we work.  I'm thankful that this day of work was made by the Lord and I will be happy in it.  Then, I'll be happy in the rest day when it comes.  


Do you feel your perspective on today's work shifting?  I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!