Friday, July 29, 2022

On Love and Annoying Questions

It's high summer.  There is so much work happening.  There are many things to think about and juggle.  

Yes, things are coming together.  I'm glad there are six brains planning and working here.  One of those brains helps me remember to pack zip ties on move-in day... because if I don't, I rip my hair out when we get to the Fairgrounds without them...

But those five other brains can ask a lot of questions as their minds work through the logistics of the next week.  

When I'm crossing things off the list and I get asked for the 67th time, "What's for supper?"  

or I hear another "When are we going to do ______________________?"

When we're remembering everything and asking each other if you've done ___________________ yet or if you remembered ____________________ ?

That's where patience and grace come in.  

These are opportunities to exercise Godliness.  In these moments, I've been taking a deep breath and reminding myself to be patient, to be loving.  The children leaning over my shoulder or standing on the other side of the kitchen island are made in the image of God.  

We love because He first loved us.  

When I'm having trouble being loving, it's amazing what happens when I think about the depths of the Father's love for me.  What He sacrificed for me, when I was sinful, annoying, unlovable, and thoroughly ugly inside... He loved me.  

When I think about that, I can choose a loving response when another question is making me a feel more overwhelmed.  

The fruit of that revelation is beautiful, friends. When I choose love, God does something beautiful in my heart.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!